What's happening in our redevelopment?04 Jul 2018
New restaurants for Midland Gate
Lone Star Rib House and Mad Mex Fresh Mexican Grill are on their way as part of our $100million expansion and redevelopment project, which is on track for completion later this year.
Work continues on the refurbishment upgrade to the shopping centre's Cale Street dining precinct, with two new eateries, revitalised alfresco areas and a new-look streetscape. Mad Mex Fresh Mexican Grill is set to open shortly with Lone Star Rib House expected to follow in September.
The changes to the dining precinct are part of a major expansion and redevelopment project that will increase the size of Midland Gate by more than 20%, to nearly 70,000sqm. It's business as usual at the shopping centre while construction work is underway.
On target for a grand re-launch in November, we're growing to accommodate another 35 speciality retailers. With a focus on fashion and homewares, the new arrivals will bring the total number of retailers at Midland Gate to 215.
Big names include Aldi, Harris Scarfe, JB Hi-Fi, a new generation Kmart, Target, Big W and Woolworths, plus a bigger and better Coles supermarket in a new position within the centre.
On schedule to open in August, the new-look Coles will offer more choice of fresh food, and is part of a new fresh food market hall that will feature eight retailers all spcialising in a tempting array of fresh produce.
Visitors will also benefit from works that will improve the everyday experience at Midland Gate with 250 new undercover parking bays, upgraded amenities and new parenting rooms.
To finish off, heres five Fun Facts about the redevelopment project:
- Time spent: The project has taken an estimated 97,814 man hours to date, with about 300,000 man hours still required before completion.
- Concrete: There have been more than 3,000 deliveries of concrete, totalling 16,500 cubic metres.
- Wiring: Approximately 12 kilometres of wiring is being used.
- Steel: The project has called for 230 tonnes of steel.
- Roofing: An estimated 4,900 square metres of roofing is needed â€“ enough to cover 30 medium-sized homes.